The following draft rules were released by the Minnesota Department of Health on January 15, 2008.
• The health effects of concern for PFOS are effects on the liver and thyroid.
• The health effects of concern for PFOA are effects on the liver and slowed development of fetuses, reduced number of red blood cells, and changes to the immune system.
• Doses of concern are based on the level of PFC in the blood (serum) of animals that is associated with health effects.
• The exposure value for water intake encompasses 95 percent of the United States population averaged from birth through the age at which the PFC level in blood remains stable.
• PFOA and PFOS each have a HRL value of 0.3 ug/L* in drinking water.
*0.3 parts per billion
View the entire document: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/groundwater/hrlgw/finalreport011508.pdf