Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Upcoming Events

This Friday evening, June 8, I'll be celebrating Marietta's first Merchants and Artists Walk of the summer season with a book signing at American Flags and Poles. Some copies will be available at a special rate, and these events are always so full of fun and friends, so come on down and say hello!

(There's a very special event coming up in Athens, Ohio on June 30, but I'm waiting until I have a few more details to share.)

On July 11, I'll be offering a presentation on C8 at the O'Neill Senior Center in Marietta from 1:30 to 3:30 pm. We'll share a PowerPoint presentation designed to help people understand some basic truths about C8 and its presence in the Valley, and then we'll open things up for discussion. I'm looking forward to more of these little gatherings. (Please let your community or civic group know that I'm available and seeking out opportunities to speak.)

Between now and then I'm heading home to the great plains of the West. I do hope to share the book with some folks out there. But, more than anything I'm just ready to be home with the family for a spell. Last year, I wrote 5 chapters of the book in ten days at home in Kansas (thanks to my mother's constant vigilance with the girls). So, it will be especially nice to go back without a looming deadline!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.